Livingston & District Pool League Constitution
July AGM 2011
Agreed Final Copy
1. The League shall be known as the ‘The Livingston & District Pool League.
2. The league shall be affiliated to the current Scottish Pool Association rules and regulations.
3. The aims of the league are promoting the sport of pool in terms of fair play and fellowship within the Livingston & District Pool League and support the sport nationally outside the Livingston & District area.
4. The League shall be administered by 4 officers: Chairman, Secretary, Fixture Secretary and Treasurer, plus as many committee members deemed necessary by the officers.
a. All teams to be notified of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) by posting on the leagues web portal at least four weeks in advance. Any new proposals to be put in writing and sent to the Secretary no later than two weeks before the AGM.
b. Any proposals received for an AGM will be informed to all teams in the league by means of the leagues web portal at least one week prior to the AGM.
c. The Agenda for the AGM to be as follows:-
1. Roll call of last year's members
2. Treasurer's Report
3. Chairman's Report
4. Minutes from previous AGM
5. Matters arising from the minutes
6. Secretary's Report
7. Fixture Secretary's Report
8. New Teams
9. Election of Officers
5. Fixture Secretary
6. Committee Members (as necessary)
10. BBI rule changes
11. Written Proposals
12. Any other business
d. Proposer and Seconder required for any of the above.
e. Proposer and seconder must be present for proposal to be considered.
f. A proposal may be seconded at an AGM.
g. Minor amendments to proposals may be accepted at the AGM, subject to the agreement of the meeting.
h. Teams re-registering for the coming season will be eligible to vote. Last seasons teams not re-registering will not be eligible to vote. New teams are entitled to vote.
i. There will be two votes per team representatives at an AGM/EGM and a representative of the team must be present at the meeting to cast a vote. No person may represent more than one team.
j. Officers/Committee Members will be entitled to vote at an AGM/EGM, they may represent a team and cast a vote on the team's behalf. In the event of a tied vote, the Chairman will have a casting vote.
k. A quorum shall consist of representatives from at least five teams.
l. EGM Any team may ask the Secretary to convene an Extra-ordinary General Meeting (EGM). Any request must be submitted in writing to the League Secretary, and should include reasons for the request together with signatures of support from a minimum of fifty per cent (50%) of the teams in the League.
m. The Committee may call an EGM.
n. The Secretary will be required to convene any properly called for EGM within twenty-eight days of receiving notice.
o. All teams shall be notified by of an EGM by the Secretary by way of the leagues web portal, at least two weeks in advance. The notice of EGM shall include details of any new proposals or the nature of any complaint.
p. All voting rights shall be consistent with AGM rules.
Registration of teams and players
6. The league will hold meetings we currently have 6 - 7 monthly meetings so the competitions can be drawn up. The league will communicate any other business via the leagues web based portal.
7. The Committee reserve the right to refuse membership to any team or individual if for any reason they consider that granting membership shall be detrimental to the League.
8. At a meeting one representative will sign the register and pay any funds outstanding.
9. A £10 pound fine will be imposed on all clubs not represented at these meetings. In the event of teams missing any subsequent meetings, they will be subject to a £10 fine and a deduction of 2 points.(special circumstances may be taken into account sever weather, bereavement etc)
10. On issues brought up at meetings, each team will be allowed 2 votes unless there is only one representative present only Voters names must be on the meeting register.
11. All teams will supply to the match secretary, a list of players they wish to be registered in the league before the first league match.
12. A copy of each teams registered players will be made available on request or on the leagues web based portal.
13. Payment for teams registered players at an agreed amount per player must be paid before the league commences or at the next available league meeting notification of player’s names to be communicated to the fixture secretary before the player can represent the team they are registered with.
14. The transfer of players between teams will be allowed at any time.
(a) The committee will adjudicate if there are instances of disagreement between teams.
( b) Players that have already played in any cup competitions for another team will not be eligible to play for their new team in the same competition.
15. The league fixture lists will be compiled by the match secretary.
16. All matches should be played on Tuesday nights 07:30 for a 07:45 start but can be altered to accommodate other league competitions.
17. A league match will consist of 7 singles then a second half 7 singles format substitutes can be used at any stage of the match. (Subject to change at the AGM).
18. The break shall be determined by lagging the white ball at each frame and the winner of the lag shall decide if they will break or pass it on to the other player.
19. The minimum number of players allowed to compete in a match is 5 players any less and the match is given to the opposing team.
20. The home and away teams will complete a team sheet on which will be entered the names of those playing and reserves if necessary.
21. Referees shall be appointed by respective team captains as ‘referees decision is final’ teams must ensure their referees have sufficient knowledge of the rules to adjudicate in matches.
22. Both team sheets will be complete and signed by both team captains must be given to the fixture secretary at the next available meeting, match results must be posted on the league web portal by the home team and a text of the match result to the fixture at least 48 hours after the match to allow up to date league standings each team shall nominate a person from there team to do this function within the time-scale above any match results not communicated within the agreed time-scale will the result in the home team being fined £5 for the first missing result, £10 for the next and £15 for any further missing results more than 3 per season will result in the offending team being asked to attend the next available league meeting where actions will be taken to reslove the matter .
23. If a league match or any other competition cannot be fulfilled then the club concerned must give the opponents and match secretary 24 hour prior notices by telephone so that arrangements may be cancelled or rearranged.
24. Notice of less then 24 hours will result in a fine of £10.00 which will go to the other team to cover travel and catering costs.(unless in cases of adverse weather conditions or other circumstances agreed by the committee)
25. Any league member guilty of offences which bring the good name of the league into disrepute whilst attending matches organised by the league will be subject to severe disciplinary action at the jurisdiction of the league committee after a full investigation has been carried out and every opportunity to defend and explain the issue in question will be given by the parties involved..
26. All complaints regarding players, referees, or tables shall be brought before the committee at the league meetings for consideration.
27. If any club protests, they must notify the president and the opponents in writing and an administration fee of £5.00 will be given to the treasurer prior to the protest being heard, if the protest is upheld then the administration fee will be refunded.
28. Tables used in the league shall be of a standard size and of a clean condition and must have sufficient cues, lighting, rests, any non standard size table shall be voted on by the league members for inclusion in the league.
29. New teams joining the league shall be asked to pay a fee agreed at the AGM.
30. All teams shall be asked to pay a fee per player to the league agreed at the AGM.
31. Any team representing the league in national competitions shall be made up of players who are registered to play in the league; inclusion in these teams is open to all league registered players and shall be at the team captain’s discretion following a fair selection process.
32. All players, having joined the league are deemed to have read and understood both the league constitution and the current playing rules. Ignorance will not constitute a defence in the event of a complaint.
33. No individual (player/committee member) may write letters or conduct other forms of communication (e.g. e-mail etc) purporting to represent the views of the Livingston and District Pool League without first obtaining endorsement of those views from the full committee. If the matter is very urgent, then a poll of all committee members may be conducted by telephone.
34. Gambling is prohibited during matches as this brings the game into disrepute and players doing so will be suspended from the league until the next available meeting when an action determined by the league members will be decided.
35. Trophy’s are the responsibility of teams/licensee and are the property of the league the cost of any loss or repair will be recovered by the committee.
36. Person’s wishing to take charge of a team representing the league must inform the league via a scheduled league meeting and have the permission of the league committee and are subject to the same conditions relating to conduct at the events taking place .The team captains will hold their post for a period of one year running.
37. all teams must provide a responsible person's contact mobile phone number to be added to a phone text group these person's shall be contacted via text messages with any relevant information regards meeting dates or any important league information.
38. players under the age of 16 can play in the league but must abide with the licensing laws of the land and it is the players / players teams responsibility to find out the current rulings and adhere to them, the league takes no responsibility for failure to abide by these rules.