Minutes of 2018 League AGM held on Tuesday 28th August 2018 in Cawburn.
Teams in attendance:- MC Cawburn, JP Cawburn, DE Cawburn, Ewington, Paraffin Lamp.
Apologies received: Commercial.
1. Chairman’s address to the league.
2. The minutes of the 2017 League AGM meeting held on 14th August 2017 were tabled and agreed as accurate. Proposed David Kerr, Seconded Sean Aird.
3. Treasurers Report submitted and agreed as correct. Proposed John Paterson, Seconded Derek Easton.
4. Committee Election for 2018-19 Season. The newly appointed committee members were agreed as follows:
Chairman – M Cowan Treasurer – S Kynoch IM Secretary – S Aird Fixture Secretary – W McEwan
The committee and team representatives expressed their thanks to Robert Peebles for his proactive and efficient running of the league IM competitions over the past few seasons. Sean Aird will pick up Roberts role as IM secretary. Thanks go to Sean for picking up this position.
5. A discussion took place regards the continuation of charging each team player, as recorded on the weekly League Match Team Sheet, £1 per player per week fixture played. i.e. a team recording 6 players on their League Fixture Score sheet would be due £6 for that week. A team recording 8 players would be due £8. It was agreed that the £1 per player/league match would be continue this season.
6. The outstanding monies (£118) owed by the Parry Lamp for the 2017/18 season was discussed and agreed that those players who were signed for the Parry Lamp during the 2017/18 season would not be eligible to play for any team in the 2018/19 season until the dept was settled with the league. The committee will discuss the situation with the Parry Lamp to resolve the situation.
7. Malcy Cowan confirmed that the Super 15 were being held on November 2nd - 4th 2018. A post will be placed on the league website announcing the event and request players to advise of their availability for selection.
8. Malcy Cowan, Cawburn Inn, confirmed he would sponsor the league competitions for £300 this season.
This being all the general business the Chairman and Treasurer then presented the prizes to the winners of last years competitions.