Minutes of league meeting held on Monday 23rd March 2015 in Cawburn.
1. The League finances to March 2015 were tabled by the treasurer and agreed as correct. Proposed Brian Guest. Seconded Jeff Mathieson.
2. The minutes of the league meeting held on Monday 16th February were tabled and agreed as accurate. Proposed Robert Peebles, Seconded Brian Guest.
3. Robert Peebles advised that Livingston & District League had submitted 14 player entries to the SPA Grassroots event. Robert will communicate the SPA Grassroots draw details to our league entrants following the SPA draw.
4. Jeff Mathieson advised that the Livingston & District Grass Roots competition will be held on Sunday 24th May in the Cawburn. 43 entries submitted to date. Entry fee £10 per entrant. All entries and monies to be paid to Jeff Mathieson / Malcy Cowan before the cut of date of Sunday 17th May. Entries will close on Sunday 17th May, with the competition draw being made following closure of the draw. Any players who have submitted their name for this event but not paid their entry fee by the cut of date of Sunday 17th May will be withdrawn from the competition draw.
5. A discussion took place regards having anonymous registered members on our League Website. Stephen Kynoch advised that there was a large percentage of registered site members whose registered details did not fully inform the website administrators to the true identity of the registered site member.
It was agreed by attendees at the meeting that the website admin team would PM all registered L&D website users to update their user profile details with the following information.
AIM ID – Members Real Name and Contact Number
Location – Registered Team / Town
E-mail address – Valid e-mail address
User Name – Members profile alias.
All registered member to provide this member profile information by 30th April 2015. Any registered members that have not provided this information by the April 30th deadline will have their accounts de-activated and they will require to re-register for the site.
6. Jeff Mathieson reminded that meeting attendees of the Website suggestion by Gordon Anderson Snr of the L&D Pool league holding a Charity event. Website thread to be refreshed to get ideas from our league members for proposals for a possible event format.
7. A discussion took place around the selection of Team Captains for the L&D 2015/16 Super 11’s and 15’s teams next season. It was agreed that in advance of each event the committee would publish an invitation to our league players to request those who wished to be considered for these positions to make themselves known to the committee. A league vote would then follow at the appropriate meeting to elect the team captains if multiple candidates put themselves forward for consideration.